1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup applesauce
1/4 cup dark molasses (treacle)
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
(3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
(4) Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. Combine applesauce and molasses.
(5) Add dry ingredients alternately with applesauce mixture to egg mixture. Fold in raisins and nuts.
(6) Pour into a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan.
(7) Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.